Café Breton Review: My Dining Experience
I bet you have already experienced being undecided to where you will be eating when you are with your friends.
Well, I always experience that… haha!
This time around, I was with my colleagues when we decided to eat outside.
As usual, it took us some time to decide where to eat…
One of the reasons why we can’t decide at first was because of our preferences.
Let’s just say that I was craving for this certain type of food while the others want to try another.
Aside from that, we also needed to consider our budget, hehe.
Given all these and after going through some options, finally we decided to eat at Café Breton located at UP Ayala Technohub in Quezon City.
Now let me bring you to my personal experience eating at Café Breton.
My Experience: Café Breton Food Review
As soon as we entered the restaurant, the staff diligently asked us right away how many we were.
They then readily prepared the table for us.
They also handed to us their menu and since there were a lot in their menu, it took us few minutes to order.
While some of us are still going through the menu, I decided to add the flaming crepe in our order so that my colleagues can try it.
When it was served, the crepe was laid flatly on the plate and the waiter poured the alcohol into it.
It produced a flame and soon after you can smell the crepe.
You might say that the gimmick was too simple compared to others, but I bet you would want to know what it tasted like. 😀
The flame only lasted for less than a minute.
As soon as the flames were gone, you can try tasting the crepe right away.
I find it soft and chewy at the same time.
You will also sense the taste of the liquor while you are chewing it.
The Grand Marnier liquor is the reason why it is flaming.
I was hungry when we dined here so I ordered their Sausage Platter with Toast.
I was expecting that it will be enough to fill my tummy and satisfy my cravings.
Sausage Platter with Toast (P290.00)
It comes with slices of Hungarian and veal sausage, two eggs, a hash brown and served with side salad.
True enough, the serving was bigger compared to what I expected or was it their heavy plate that was big? Just kidding. 😀
It was a complete package: from carbs to protein, then topping it with salad made it great.
I think the meal is not only ideal for breakfast, but it can also be eaten at any time of the day especially when you are very hungry just like me.
Of course, snack before bedtime is an exception since it is a full packed meal and you need lighter food at night. ????
For the taste, I really like that the sausages were tasty and not too salty – just perfect for my personal preference.
Although, I noticed that the hash brown was a little bit oily.
For the other food dishes, my colleagues ordered the following:
Hearty Breakfast Plate – P265.00
It was served with slices of ham, two eggs, tomato, buttered toast and mini salad.
Go Fish (Open-Face) – P250.00
Served with a thinly sliced smoked salmon, delicately covered in scrambled egg that was placed in a crisscross pattern on a whole wheat toast topped with fresh cream capers and onion rings.
It also comes with a side salad.
Sloppy Taco Dog – P245.00
Served with beef sausage with slathered meat sauce in a hot dog bun, topped with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and chopped onions.
It also comes with a side salad.
Tuna Melt – P180.00
Sandwich with creamy and spicy tuna spread, melted cheese, tomato and lettuce.
It also comes with a side salad.
Chicken Run (Open Face) – P215.00
Chicken breast fillet topped with asparagus and cheese sauce and chopped tomatoes on whole wheat bread toast.
It also comes with a side salad.
For the drinks, I suggest you try Café Liegeois (Lee jwah).
You will never go wrong with this one.
In fact I will order it again next time I visit Café Breton.
You have an option to order for a decaf.
For the other drinks, my colleagues ordered the following:
- Espresso Long
- Royal Tru Orange
- Mango Slush
Overall, I really appreciate that all of the food were very well presented and plated.
You can really feel that they took the time and effort to get it well plated especially the Go Fish as the salmons where positioned crisscrossed from each other.
I also liked the flaming crepe gimmick.
I enjoyed it maybe because there is a kid in me that enjoys the moment more if something unusually good is happening.
I want to end it with giving a kudos to Café Breton for giving a chance to your customers to customize their own crepe.
It is a good strategy to have repeat customers as they’ll be enticed to pay another visit and try a different crepe combination.
I will try it next time, promise! ????
You may check down below your options on how to make your own crepe.
Café Breton Review: Place and Ambiance
I readily felt the warmth and comfort of the place as soon as I entered Café Breton.
I like the mood that it brought to me by the way they set up their interior.
It was as if you have your own space.
It was not too crowded nor too spacious, it was just right!
The interior design was quite old-fashioned and a little bit dimmed yet it was appealing to me.
I can stay for an hour or two if I have that idle time (provided that no other customer is waiting for a seat… hehehe!).
The quiet atmosphere while we were eating was also a plus factor for me as you can enjoy your food more.
If you just want to sit back, relax and sip a coffee, this can be a go to destination for you!
Café Breton Review: How was the Service?
I do not want to discount the fact that we had a lot of orders which could be the reason why it took a while to serve our orders.
I was also very hungry when I went in so I think I was more sensitive with the time.
Fortunately, the place have a good ambiance which makes you feel comfortable while waiting.
In fairness, in all instances that I dined in Café Breton, I never had a hard time finding a seat even if we always come in as a group.
There was no waiting time just to get a seat.
A minor improvement that I can think of was on the attentiveness of their staff.
After the food was served, we were asking for water and other stuff but we had to repeat our request several times just to get it served.
All of them looked to be busy.
I do support their advocacy in using less plastic but the paper straw that came with my Café Liegeois (Lee jwah) was quite hard to use after some time.
The paper straw deforms and made it hard for me to sip the creamy drink.
I can’t recall if the straw was already dipped into the drink when they first served it.
Anyhow, I must bring my own reusable straw next time.
Now it makes me think where can I buy a reusable straw? Hmmm.
My Café Breton Review Verdict
Just a disclaimer: This is just my own personal verdict and there can be some factors affecting it like me comparing it with other restaurants I already tried that served similar dish.
- Value for money (quality and quantity) – 3/5
- Served hot? Fresh? Overall presentation? – 4/5
- Taste satisfaction – 3/5
- X factor / wow factor – 4/5
- Ambiance – 5/5
- Food selection – 4/5
- Service (dining experience/ staff/ manager / waiting time) – 3/5
- Interior – Cleanliness 5/5
Café Breton Menu
I noticed that Café Breton Philippines does not have their own website so I am posting here the Café Breton menu so you can check their food selection.
The food selection listed here are from their Café Breton menu technohub branch (as of December 2018).
Make it Yourself – Crepes done your way just the way you like it!!!
Savoury or Meal – Crepe P72.00 or Buckwheat galette P77.00
Plus (+) your choice of fillings
- Country bacon – P64.00
- Beef patty – P86.00
- Ham – P66.00
- Veal Sausage (Whole) – P151.00
- Veal Sausage (Slices) – P98.00
- Hungarian sausage (Whole) – P154.00
- Hungarian sausage (Slices) – P115.00
- Chorizo – P113.00
- Chicken breast slices – P60.00
- Beef hotdog – P110.00
Dairy & Poultry
- Fresh cream – P37.00
- egg – P22.00
- Sour cream – P46.00
From the Garden
- Sauteed in onions & mushrooms asparagus – P43.00
- Capers – P25.00
- Chili – P22.00
- Garlic – P22.00
- Onion – P22.00
- Mushroom – P36.00
- Spinach – P36.00
- Tomato – P22.00
- Tomato Provencal – P28.00
- Lettuce – P39.00
From the Sea
- Tuna – P44.00
- Shrimp with crab meat – P124.00
- Smoked salmon – P132.00
- Dill – P29.00
- Bechamel – P40.00
- Mushroom – P46.00
- Cheese – P46.00
- Cheddar – P46.00
- Mozzarella – P60.00
- Emmental – P55.00
- Gruyere – P65.00
- Raclette – P121.00
- Stewed Apples – P62.00
- Banana – P29.00
- Mango – P61.00
- Orange – P48.00
- Peach Halves – P69.00
- Pineapple – P30.00
- Fresh Strawberry (When in season) – P95.00
- Lemon Wedges – P10.00
- Black Cherry – P74.00
- Blueberry – P85.00
- Cherry – P84.50
- Raisins in Run – P38.00
- Strawberry – P83.00
- Grape Jelly – P48.00
- Strawberry Jam – P52.00
- Chocohazelnut – P88.00
- Peanut Butter – P33.00
Sauces and Syrups
- Caramel Syrup – P41.00
- Chocolate Sauce – P35.00
- Strawberry Syrup – P34.00
- Honey – 37.00
- Condensed Milk – P27.00
- Fresh Cream – P37.00
- Ice Cream – P55.00
- Special Ice Cream – P61.00
- Sugar-free Ice Cream – P55.00
- Whipped Cream – P48.00
- Cream Cheese – P55.00
- Grand Marnier – P102.00
- Rum – P43.00
- Calvados – P66.00
- Almonds – P31.00
- Cinnamon – P25.00
- Walnuts – P31.00
Savoury Crepe Combinations
- Cheese, tomato and egg – P160.00
- Ham, cheese and tomato – P205.00
- Ham, cheese tomato and egg – P225.00
- Ham, mushrooms & bechamel sauce – P210.00
- Veal sausage, tomato, cheese and egg – P255.00
- Veal sausage, onions & mushrooms – P225.00
- Veal sausage, bechamel sauce and mushrooms – P240.00
- Dracula (Cheese, tomato and garlic) – P160.00
- Vesuve (Ham, cheese, tomato, garlic and chili) – P240.00
- Hawaii Five O (Ham, mozzarella, pineapple, onion and mushroom) P280.00
- Neptune (Tuna, dairy fresh cream, tomato, onion and mushroom) – P230.00
- Poseidon (Smoked salmon, dill sauce, fresh cream topped with sour cream and capers) – P295.00
- Excalibur (Ham, emmental cheese, fresh cream and asparagus spears sautéed with onions and mushrooms) – P210.00
- Mushy Chix (Slices of chicken breast sautéed in onions, cheese sauce and mushrooms) – 210.00
- Cheesy Chix with Asparagus (Slices of chicken breast sautéed in onion, cheese sauce and asparagus topped with grated mild cheddar) – P215.00
*All sandwiches are served with a mini side salad
- Butter & Sugar – P120.00
- Butter & Sugar with Lemon – P130.00
- Honey Almonds – P140.00
- Butter & Jam – P135.00
- Mixed Fresh Fruits (Mango, banana and pineapple) – P190.00
- Islander (Mixed fresh fruits, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce) – P270.00
- Lost Paradise (Stewed apples with cinnamon, vanilla ice cream raisins marinated in rum) – P230.00
- Adam & Eve (Stewed apples with cinnamon and fresh cream topped with whipped cream) – P195.00
- Fire Ball (Mixed fresh fruits with run flambe) – P220
- Grand Marnier – P175.00
- Blueberries & Cream – P285.00
- Strawberry Short Crepe – P290.00
- PB & J (Peanut butter and grape jelly) – P150.00
- Normandie (Stewed apples with cinnamon, caramel ice cream, caramel syrup and whipped cream) – P280.00
- Mango Loco – P300.00
- French Kiss (Freshly sliced orange, chocohazelnut spread, vanilla ice cream and grand marnier) – P340.00
- Crepes Suzette (Orange juice, orange zest and grand marnier flambe) P215.00
- Fantastic Pinay (Mango, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce) – P220.00
- Tarzan (Banana and condensed milk) – P130.00
- Gwenn Ha Du (Raclette with black cherry preserve) – P265.00
- A La Nutella (Hazelnut chocolate spread) – P155.00
- Funtastyc (Banana, chochazelnut spread, vanilla ice cream and grand marnier with whipped cream) – P345.00
- Peche Mignon (Peach halves, vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce, grand marnier and whipped cream) – P345.00
- Cherries Jubilee Flambee (Cherry preserve, whipped cream, caramel ice cream, caramel cyrup and run flambe dusted with cinnamon) – P315.00
- La Delice (Banana, chocohazelnut spread, vanilla ice cream and almonds) – P265.00
- Déjà vu (Mango, special cream sauce, caramel syrup, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream) – P275.00
- Le Magnifique! (Banana, chocohazelnut spread, whipped cream and almonds drizzled witn chocolate syrup) – P265.00
- Original Sin (Stewed apples, caramel ice cream, topped with whipped cream, caramel syrup and walnuts) – P310.00
- Galette Brettone (Spinach, shrimp sautéed with crab meat and onions, fresh cream, gruyere cheese) – P330.00
- Galette Don Quixote (Ground chorizo, onions, tomato, cream and mozzarella) – P320.00
- Galette Super Complete (Ham, egg, cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions) – P290.00
- Galette Rustique (Smoked bacon, tomato provencal, mozzarella and egg (sunny side-up)) – P245.00
- Galette Americain (beef patty, sunny side-up egg, topped with tomato provencal, mushrooms and mushrooms sauce) – P290.00
- Gallete Paysane (Whole Hungarian sausage, onions, sunny side-up egg, asparagus with cheese sauce or with Hungarian sauce slices) – P305.00
- Galette Marrakech (Whole spicy Moroccan beef sausage with egg, onions and tomato provencal) – P275.00
- Hamburcrepe (Juicy burger patty on a bed of spinach, sautéed mushrooms, cheese, topped with tomato provencal) – P300.00
Pasta and Sandwiches
- Spaghetti – P205.00
- Go Fish (Open-face) – P250.00
- Chicken Run (Open-face) – P215.00
- Tuna-melt – P180.00
- Sausage in a Bun – P270.00
- Chicken Asparagus Sandwich – P210.00
- Tuna Salad – P185.00
- Sloppy Taco Dog – P245.00
Burgers – all burgers are served with a mini side salad
- Breton Mozzarella Burger – P285.00
- Bacon Cheeseburger – P275.00
- Chorizo Burger – P285.00
- Chorizo Burger with Egg – P305.00
- Sausage Platter with Toast (Slices of Hungarian and veal sausage, 2 eggs, a hash brown, served with side salad) – P290.00
- Hearty Breakfast Plate (Ham or country bacon, 2 eggs, tomato provencal, buttered toast with a saide salad) – P265.00
- Egg Casserole (2 eggs coddled in cream, drizzled with gruyere, topped with mushrooms sautéed in garlic on a bed of spinach served with buttered toast strips) – P195 / with chorizo, add – P66.00
- La Primivera Veggie Scramble (3 eggs scrambled with tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach served with buttered toast topped with gruyere) – P185.00
- Salade Bretonne (Mixed greens, mango slices and arugula leaves topped with sautéed shrimps and crabmeat) – P215.00
- Chicken, Orange and Almonds (Mixed greens with arugula leaves and sautéed chicken strips, tossed with freshsliced orange and tomato & toasted almonds) – P205
- Mini Side Salad
- Fruit Plate (Banana, mango and orange slices) – P135.00
Your Choice of Dressing
- Honey Mustard
- Thousand Islands
- Fruit Parfait – P180.00
- Peach Melba – P180.00
- Strawberry Cobbler – P155.00
- Apple Crumble – P175.00
- Bluberry Parfait – P180.00
- Banana Split – P215.00
- Melba Banana Split – P240.00
- Breton Sundae – P130.00
Soda Floats – Ice cream with soda
- Orange Float – P140.00
- Coke Float – P140.00
- Root Beer Float – P140.00
Hot Coffee – can be served with ice with additional charge of – P5.00
- Café Au Lait – P125.00 / Decaf – P135.00
- Double Au Lait – P150.00 / Decaf – P160.00
- Flat White Lait – P125.00 / Decaf – P135.00
- Double Flat White Lait – P150.00 / Decaf – P160.00
- Cappuccino – P125.00 / Decaf – P135.00
- Double Cappuccino – P150.00 / Decaf – P160.00
- Espresso – P100.00 / Decaf – P110 .00
- Double Espresso – P130.00 / Decaf – P140 .00
- Macchiato – P110.00 / Decaf – P120 .00
- Double Macchiato – P145.00 / Decaf – P155 .00
- Espresso Long – P100.00 / Decaf – P110 .00
- Double Espresso Long – P140.00 / Decaf – P150 .00
- Café Mocha – P130.00 / Decaf – P140 .00
- Double Café Mocha – P160.00 / Decaf – P170 .00
- Café Caramel – P135.00 / Decaf – P145 .00
- Double Café Caramel – P165.00 / Decaf – P175 .00
- Macchiato Ala Nutella – P125.00 / Decaf – P135.00
- Café Americano – P100.00 / Decaf – P110 .00
- Double Café Americano – P140.00 / Decaf – P150 .00
- Café Liegeois (Lee-Jwah) – P155.00 / Decaf – P165.00
- Caramel Liegeois – P165.00 / Decaf – P175.00
- Vanilla Liegeois – P155.00 / Decaf – P165.00
- Liegeois with a Kick – P220.00 / Decaf – P230.00
- Bannoffee – P155.00 / Decaf – P165.00
- White Forest – P155.00 / Decaf – P165.00
- Black Forest – P155.00 / Decaf – P165.00
- Raisins in Rum – P155.00 / Decaf – P165.00
- Strawberries in Cream – P155.00
- Vanilla Chai Tea Smoothie – P155.00
- Fruit Flavored Iced Teas – P155.00
*Sugar syrup available upon request
- Herbal/Lipton Tea – P135.00
- Hot Calamansi Juice – P90.00
- Hot Chocolate – P135.00
- Hot Milk– P135.00
- Green Tea Latte – P125.00
Sodas – P75.00/can
Beer – P100.00/Bottle
Juices and Beverages
- Apple juice – P100.00
- Orange juice – P90.00
- Calamansi Juice – P90.00
- Pinaapple Juice – P80.00
- Four Seasons – P80.00
- Bottle Water – P80.00
- Iced Tea – P75.00
- San Pellegrino – P130.00
- San Pellegrino Limonata – P135.00
- San Pellegrino Aranciata – P135.00
- Tonic Water and Soda Water – P135.00
- Bottle of Colombelle White Wine – P660.00
- Bottle of Colombelle Red Wine – P660.00
- Scotch Sprite- P180.00
- Scotch Tonic – P180.00
- Bailey’s – P155.00
- Kahlua – P155.00
- Gin Tonic – P155.00
- Vodka Tonic – P185.00
- Tequilla – P155.00
- Vodka Calamansi Slush – P180.00
- Grand Marnier – P140.00
End of their menu.
Café Breton Branches and Contact Information
For Café Breton branches, here they are as well as their contact numbers.
By the way, their Café Breton Technohub branch does not accept reservations.
I am not quite sure if this is the same for their other branches.
I would suggest to contact them first to confirm.
- Café Breton Tomas Morato
- Location: Tomas Morato cor. Sct. De Guia, Quezon City
- Phone#:(02) 374-6334
- Café Breton UP Ayalaland Technohub
- Location: P Ayala Land Technohub, Commonwealth Ave, Diliman, Quezon City
- Phone#:(02) 3556917
- Café Breton Trinoma
- Location: Trinoma Mall, EDSA corner North Avenue, Quezon City
- Phone#:(02) 916-9186 / (02) 916-6053
- Café Breton Westgate
- Location: Space C-806 Central Precint, Westgate Center, Filinvest Alabang, Muntinlupa
- Phone#:(02) 771-1214
- Café Breton The Podium
- Location: G/F The Podium, 12 ADB Ave., Ortigas Center
- Phone#:(02) 687-5971
- Café Breton Greenbelt
- Location: 1/F Greenbelt 3, Paseo de Roxas cor. Legaspi St., Ayala Center, Makati
- Phone#:(02) 757-4125
- Café Breton Magallanes
- Location: Ground Floor, Mega Center, Paseo de Magallanes, Magallanes, Makati City
- Phone#: 02 8557712
- Café Breton Mall of Asia
- Location: 1/F SM Mall of Asia, Entertainment Mall, SM Central Business Park, Bay City, Pasay City
- Phone#: (02) 556-0279
- Café Breton Tagaytay
- Location: Cliffhouse, General Emilio Aguinaldo Highway, Tagaytay City, Cavite, Philippines
- Phone: (046) 483 2110
- Café Breton Laguna
- Location: Unit 2&3, Paseo de Sta rosa, Sta. Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
- Phone#: (049) 541 1813